Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled and delurk

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 29 Apr 2002

> and i guess the thread involving definition of hard-
> boiled (and noir) is getting on some people's nerves,
> and i'm sorry for that. but i came to this group
> thru a "mysteries" link, and didn't have a clue as
> to what the hardboiled genre was, so i'm naturally
> interested in its definition, and don't consider an
> in-depth discussion of it to be trivial or meaning-
> less.
>
>> miker

It's not at all trivial or meaningless, it's just been solidly hashed out at least a couple of times which is the main reason that my eyes sort of glaze over when the topic comes up again. It's been some time since anyone has said anything new on the topic, I think. I really do recommend looking up the old threads if possible because it's all there.

Rene