Re: RARA-AVIS: the jack bludis heresy

From: Kerry ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 28 Apr 2002

At 10:38 AM 4/28/02 -0700, you wrote:
>jack says:
> > Harboiled = Tough
> >
> > Noir = Screwed
> >
> > Very few will agree, but I love the discussion.

& Miker says:

>i'm leaning this way on the hardboiled, jack. i've got a couple problems
>with the "colloquial" thing. although most people's attitude is expressed
>thru talk, there are some who decidedly don't fit the bill.

& count me in on the noir definition. All my talk about acknowledging death, "screwed" sums it up. A reminder that simple and direct is best. The atmospherics support that single word. Thanks jack.

Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com