RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled and delurk

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 27 Apr 2002

Charlie Williams says: I like that. However, I think a noir novel can contain no hardboiled characters. I'm not sure how hardboiled the characters of The Postman Always Rings Twice are, for example. A bit too insecure to be truly hardboiled. And too willing to pull the wool over their eyes.

i'm pretty much a newbie and i haven't really figured out the definitions and how to apply them. but i found a web site talking about the characteristics of noir and it flat out said that noir oftentimes contains hardboiled characters, so i wouldn't really rule it out.

miker