RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #245

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 27 Apr 2002

>do all you people
>over there actually get enough of the real thing
>that you don't need the cheap thrill of seeing it
>in print?
Miker, I find it difficult to answer this question by either a yes or a no. So instead, I'll just ask for some translations.

Bitterroot (v good book, isn't it) Chapter 12, section on Tommy Lee Stolz:

"He'd had a good life dry-walling"

"Even that one-bit he did on a road gang in the Keys wasn't bad."

Different languages....

MM

Oh, and -

>"That puts the canary among the cats..."
the saying is, the cat among the pigeons. Wd have expected an hb list to recognize such a violent image... ;-}