RE: RARA-AVIS: Chicago-based cop shows: Doherty

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 26 Apr 2002

Fair enough. They split the difference with his bg and his name. TM

-----Original Message----- From: JIM DOHERTY [mailto: jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com] Re your comment below:

> Among the most obvious extra-visual Chicago
> references was to Mayor Ozzie
> Cleveland (rather than Harold Washington)...others
> may come back to me...the
> composition of the gangs also suggested Chicago more
> than most cities...

Actually I think Ozzie, a police lieutenant with a reputation as a just and fair conciliator in his first appearances in the series, was meant to be a fictional counterpart to Tom Bradley, who had a similar background in real life.