RARA-AVIS: LA BASED COP SHOWS

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Apr 2002

Carrie Pruett wrote:

> [...]
to Dragnet and wants to make it into a modern LA-based cop drama . . . I can't remember the last crime series set in LA prior to "the shield," so perhaps the success of the FX show has inspired renewed interest in LA.<<<<<<

Wasn't "Hill Street Blues" based on LA (in spite of the el that seems to dominate some of it?) Isn't there a police station in central LA on Hill Street?

My Comment on "the Shiled." The producers and writers seem to be trying to do for dirty cops what HBO does for organized crime, and I don't think it works.

It's hard to sympathize with cops who: kill other cops and try to stash drugs to "seed" their crime fighting.

I've given up for "the Shield."

Jack Bludis

===== THE BIG SWITCH, by Jack Bludis http://designimagegroup.com/bigswitch.html Coming in September: THE DEAL KILLER