RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #242

From: Anderson, Erick (ETW) ( Erick.Anderson@Nike.com)
Date: 25 Apr 2002

Other than the pulps, there are, in my mind, some other authors that preceded Fleming which apply, as well. Has anyone else read any books from Peter Cheyney's Slim Calaghan series? Having read Urgent Hangman, for example, I noted some interesting similarities between the two authors, at least stylistically.

Parenthetically, please don't ask me what they were. It's been a couple of years since I read Urgent Hangman, but I remember thinking at the time that Fleming MUST have been influenced by Cheyney.

Best Regards, Erick

P.S. Even if you;re not studying the relationship of Fleming to other writers, Slim Callaghan is definitely hardboiled, and I thought, quite enjoyable.

----