Re: RE: RARA-AVIS: The 111 (James Bond)

Date: 25 Apr 2002

Looking at the article maybe Bond certainly has a relationship to sensational pulp fiction. But, are all pulps hardboiled? I wouldn't say so. Bulldog Drummond is certainly a precusor I would say - I have tried to read them but found the anti-semitism too too much to take, and yes I know all that stuff about remembering the context of the times but it really was strong, in any time and in any context. If you get a chance to watch a British made, mid-century Drummond film; grab it. They are very amusing. He was also fairly decently parodied in the 1980s British comedy film Bullshot. Tara raras Colin