Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The Hardboiled James Bond?

From: Buzz ( BuzzMeeks@attbi.com)
Date: 24 Apr 2002

I think sentimentality makes the hard-boiled character interesting. It's the wild card, creating war within the character, the two sides duking it out. With that recipe, anything can happen. How interesting would Marlowe be if he never wrestled with his (sometimes downright mushy) emotions? A character who stays the hard-boiled course without temptation runs the risk (for the reader) of becoming predictable. my 2cents.

Brad

<< Being hard-boiled means being boiled hard -- all the way through to the