RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #237

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 24 Apr 2002

>Setting isn't the
>issue.
Setting wasn't quite the right word, Jim. I find these novels very strange - I've only just discovered them, read 3 rapidly (they were too formulaic to do this very often, by the way) and seem to have found an HB policeman in books written by a sort of Agatha Christie. Yet Frost himself seems to fit all the criteria that you can fit without actually carrying a gun. Believe me, I am feeling very *unsettled* about this.

MM