Re: RARA-AVIS: A Feast of Snakes

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 24 Apr 2002

Doug wrote:

> I just finished Crews' _A Feast of Snakes_, which was discussed not
too
> long ago on this list. Whoof! And I thought _The Killer Inside Me_
was
> intense!
>
> So... how's the rest of Crews' work? Any recommendations?
>
> Doug Hoffman

I personally haven't read Crews yet but I was lucky enough to score a copy of his SCAR LOVER for $1 (US 54c last time I looked. Yay! Only another 71c to go to catch up to what the Aus dollar was worth in my youth) at a charity store (also picked up R.L.'S DREAM by Walter Mosley, THE LOTTERY by Shirley Jackson & A SCANNER DARKLY by Philip Dick in it's 1st paperback ed, if anyone's interested). I'm particularly happy because I was giving SCAR LOVER some serious consideration when I saw it marked down to about $20AUS in a bookstore in town only a few days ago. So any opinions on this opus from the rara-avis Wiseguys? It'll be a while before I get to it - should it be at the top of
 Mt To-be-read?

Rene