Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #235

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 23 Apr 2002

JIM DOHERTY:
  Setting isn't the
> issue. Toughness and colloquialism is.

You are using the wrong word! I think you mean down to earth behavior instead you are saying conversational language derived from the working class that doesn't have to follow the rules of formal language. I don't see how you can define being hard boiled solely by the language. Why not try defining hard boiled as being tough and having a realistic attitude? Mark