Re: RARA-AVIS: angie

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Apr 2002

--- Carrie Pruett < pruettc@hotmail.com> wrote:
> any worse than Elvis relying on Joe, Spencer on
> Hawk, Stefanos on Dan Boyle,
> etc? and if this knocks out Angie, it knocks out
> Patrick too (which I
> imagine some would want to do anyway - Kevin?) and
> then, i like Bubba.
> Bubba's one of their oldest friends. I don't think
> the typical hard-boiled
> hero turns down a favor in a jam unless there are
> unacceptable strings
> attached

Actually I always thought that Angie was one of the most believable depictions of a female in hardboiled fiction -- at least recently. She seems both authentically tough and authentically female, a tough blend to pull off.

Hell, I much prefer her to some of the characters written by *women* (Marcia Muller, for instance).

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com