Re: RARA-AVIS: Mankell

From: Nicole Leclerc ( lectrice@videotron.ca)
Date: 23 Apr 2002

Craig,

I've just finished reading the first four books in this series - the other is All My Enemies - for a group discussion on another list. They are mostly police procedurals and I don't consider them hardboiled. Not cozies mind you but not very noir or graphic either. I quite enjoy them mostly for the settings and for the originality of the themes around wich the murders take place, rare stamps for example. I also like the fact that each book is quite different from the other even though the police involved are mainly the same people. I'm looking forward to reading #5 which deals with a shopping mall.

Nicole