Re: RARA-AVIS: Trucking Novels

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 23 Apr 2002

There's a good British film of the late 50s/early 60s (a web search will supply the details I'm sure). Called Hell Drivers and based around corruption and desperation amongst that breed - a health and safety noir? It stares the incomparable Stanley Baker, who is probably best known as the commanding officer in Zulu. He's worth checking up on as a Hard Boiled/Noir actor - I'm pretty sure, but don't have details to hand, that he starred in a few UK pieces that would be of interest to the list. He also lived a full bore life, consorting with legendary London hoods The Kray Twins, and probably drinking himself to death in a British Rat Pack styley.

Anyway, off topic as not a novel, but was probably based on one which full credits would reveal.

Cheers Colin