RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Lineup

From: abc ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 23 Apr 2002

My apologies for the blank message. Once again I hit the
"enter" key instead of the "shift" key, and the message zoomed on its way.

What I planned to say was that since I never make any of those great thrift-shop finds these days, I have to locate books on eBay. The other day I happened to see The Hardboiled Lineup, edited by Harry Widmer, so I bought it. How could I resist a title like that? It arrived yesterday, and it's a lot of fun. Short stories by folks like Vin Packer, Richard Deming, Frederick Lorenz, William R. Cox, and Gil Brewer. All the stories appear to be from 1955 and 1956 issues of Justice, a magazine I haven't seen. I've read the Lorenz, Packer, and Deming stories and enjoyed them all. Bill Crider