RARA-AVIS: Diamonds in the Rough

From: Larry Newton ( ldnewton2@attbi.com)
Date: 22 Apr 2002

My county had a book rescue this weekend whereby residents, schools and libraries are invited to bring used books, look over the books that were collected and take what they want. Any remaining books at the end of the event are recycled.

Here was my haul:

Tunnel Vision - Sara Paretsky Roughneck - Jim Thompson The Vanished - Bill Pronzini The Best of Fredric Brown - Robert Bloch (ed.) The Talented Mr. Ripley - Patricia Highsmith A Deadly Shade of Gold - John D. MacDonald
"Bread"; "Eighty Million Eyes"; and "Ice" - Ed McBain and Death at the Isthmus - George Harmon Coxe

What a great bunch of free books! I'm really looking forward to reading each of them.

Larry Joliet, IL