Re: RARA-AVIS: Yet another nomination

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Apr 2002

--- Chris Martin < cptpipes@hotmail.com> wrote:
> (If I ever spend time in jail, this list will be a
> great time killer a la
> Spenser creating his all time baseball team while in
> jail in...can't
> remember the book, though I seem to recall it
> happened more than once.)

It certainly did. I know off the top of my head that it happened in A CATSKILL EAGLE, but I don't believe that that was either the first or the last time. I have the feeling that if it takes Robert B. Parker an extra 90 seconds to get his Big Mac because he ordered it with the special sauce, he starts formulating baseball teams.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/