Re: RARA-AVIS: gambler & shoeless joe

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 17 Apr 2002

Incidentally, in the extended "Godfather Saga" version of "Godfather" &
"Godfather II", there's a scene (filmed for "II" but cut) in which a young Jewish ganster is encouraged by Vito Corleone to make up a name for himself.
  He names himself after Rothstein, who fixed the world series. His name: Hyman Roth, who eventually tries to have Vito's son Michael killed.

Graham
---------- Bleeker Books Lives! http://www.BleekerBooks.com