Re: RARA-AVIS: gambler & shoeless joe

From: Thomas Bauduret ( suspiria@club-internet.fr)
Date: 16 Apr 2002

le 16/04/02 20:05, Frederick Zackel ࠼A HREF="mailto:fzackel@wcnet.org?subject=Re:%20RARA-AVIS:%20gambler%20&%20shoeless%20joe&replyto=B8E27F54.5450%25suspiria@club-internet.fr">fzackel@wcnet.org a 飲it :

> (I am so far behind in reading . . . ) The Gatsby gangster Wolfshiem(?) is
> based on the one-time husband of Fanny Brice called Arnold Rothstein, who
> was mentioned by Hammett in Maltese Falcon as the one-time boss of Floyd
> Thursby,,,, or so I've been told. Any researchers in the rara avis?

Oh, and for anyone interested, Wolfsheim is the name of a brilliant German synth-pop band, much better than Depeche Mode IMHO. They admitted they took their name from the novel !

T.