RARA-AVIS: Votes from a returning lurker

From: Nicole Leclerc ( lectrice@videotron.ca)
Date: 14 Apr 2002

Bonjour,

I haven't been on the list for ages due to real life situations that keep getting into my pleasures. I'm back now and hoping to keep up with you all. I am still in Montr顬 and still reading mysteries, mostly hardboiled but with a few forays in milder territories from time to time. I am just in time to join in the voting. After eliminating the ones I haven't read, I settled for my favorites or those that have left a more lingering trace in my memory bank. They are in order of appearance:

Abraham Trahearne (THE LAST GOOD KISS, James Crumley) Anita Blake (series, Laurell Hamilton) Arkady Renko (series, Martin Cruz Smith) Carlotta Carslyle (series, Linda Barnes) Charlie Resnick (series, John Harvey) Fireball Roberts (LAST GOOD KISS, James Crumley) George Smiley (series, John Le Carre) Ginny Fistoulari (series, Reed Stephens) Harry aka Hieronymus Bosch (series, Michael Connelly) John Rebus (series, Ian Rankin) Keller (HIT MAN and HIT LIST, Lawrence Block) Kinsey Millhone (series, Sue Grafton) Lew Griffin (series, James Sallis) Martin Beck (series, Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo) Matthew Scudder (series, Lawrence Block) Sam Spade (THE MALTESE FALCON, Dashiell Hammett) Sharon McCone (series, Marcia Muller) Steve Carella (87th Precinct series, Evan "Ed" McBain) The Continental Op (series, Dashiell Hammett) V.I. Warshawski (series, Sara Paretsky)

To the list I would have added:

Garrett (series, Glen Cook) Jack Frost (series, R.D. Wingfield) Maureen O'Donnell (trilogy, Denise Mina) Wallander (series, Henning Mankell) Win ( Myron Bolitar series, Harlan Coben)

and many others who I either can't remember right now or who are too tame for this group.

Nicole