RARA-AVIS: more birds...

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 13 Apr 2002

richard moore says:
> On another topic, some of you may be selling Ms Thompson short on her
> bird/penis theory. There is a slang expression for masturbation:
"choking
> his chicken." I suspect it is U.S. Southern in origin, coming from the
time
> when boys were sent to the yard to catch the main course for Sunday dinner
> (lunch to non-Southerners). Once caught, the next preparation step was to
> kill the chicken and neck-wringing was a popular method. Perhaps I am
going
> into too much detail even for a hard-boiled group. The expression is
still
> in use, although not in all social circles.

yeah, but she was referring to "bird", not chicken. thats too generic. there are several birds that have slang references:

owl: a night person, as in night owl. dodo: dummy. dove: anti-war advocate. hawk: war advocate. turkey: dummy.

gonna float the boat, boys and girls! wahoo! spend the night on the lake.

miker