RARA-AVIS: Another lurker votes!

From: Paul Hartshorne ( paul@day1.demon.co.uk)
Date: 13 Apr 2002

My votes:

60. Gravedigger Jones & Coffin Ed Johnson 76. Carl Houseman 101. Eddie Coyle 113. Fang Mulheisen 124. Junior Frenger 134. Hanson 143. Hoke Moseley 152. Jack Liffey 180. Keller 210. Matt Scudder 212. Max Cady 250. Parker 254. Perdita Durango (but not Romeo!) 257. Phillip Marlowe

and 6 write-ins (ignore if too late!):

Bill Moss (Cold Caller, Jason Starr) Cecil Younger (series, John Straley) Harding (series, John Wessel) Harry "Preacher" Powell (Night Of The Hunter, Davis Grubb) Neal Cotten (series, Sam S. Taylor) Serge A. Storms (series, Tim Dorsey)

Some of my nominations are especially hardboiled (I'm thinking Houseman and Younger), but they characters that I enjoy reading about.

Oh, and an honourable mention to everyone in Fred Willard's Down On Ponce, especially the rockabilly undertaker!

One question though; 65. Corkscrew aka S. Inis St. Erme... SPOILERS
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. I read The Red Right Hand some time ago, but as I recall, wasn't Corkscrew
(the hobo) a victim of St. Erme, rather than St. Erme himself?

Cheers, Paul