Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent purchases

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Apr 2002

--- M Blumenthal < blumenidiot@21stcentury.net> wrote:
> A used bookstore I haven't visited for quite a
> while sent me a $5.00 gift
> certificate for my birthday. I managed to get there
> and found while they
> didn't have a huge inventory they did have some
> interesting books with very
> low prices. By virtue of my certificate these cost
> me a total of $2.00:
>
> COME BACK MY LOVE - Edward S. Aarons
> SAY IT WITH MURDER - Edward S Aarons
> THE SEARCH FOR BRUNO HEIDLER - Stephen Marlowe
> MURDERER'S SHIELD - DESTROYER # 9 - Sapir & Murphy
> TRANSYLVANIA STATION - Donald & Abbey Westlake
>
> Are any of these particularly good so I should read
> them right away or are
> any of these turkeys I should put at the bottom
> of my tbr pile?
> Mark

BRUNO is a WW2 spy thriller about the search for a Nazi war criminal. I remember it being competent, but nothing special.

Hard to beat the early DESTROYERS.

As much as I like the Sam Durrell series (and generally think Aarons is an underrated writer), I must admit that I've never been able to warm to his non-Assignment books.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com