RARA-AVIS: RE: RARA-AVIS - Vacation reading

From: Anderson, Erick (ETW) ( Erick.Anderson@Nike.com)
Date: 10 Apr 2002

Greetings, bird-folk --

I just got back this morning from a week in Puerto Vallarta, and between snorkeling around the Mariettas and Los Arcos, and body-surfing in Sayulita and San Pancho, I found time to read a couple of books.

The day before I left, I stopped in at Powells and found a HB Crime Club edition of Peter Cheyney's _The Man Nobody Saw_. On the shelf directly above the shelf holding the Cheyneys were (ta-da) the Chandlers. Call me ignorant, but I was unaware that Chandler wrote a novel called _The Little Sister_(!) I, of course, purchased it immediately. I staved off reading it until I got through the Cheyney, then read it in the space of about a day. (If it had been ice cream, I'd have a hell of a headache.)

I never cease to be amazed at the way that guy can put words together. All hail Raymond Chandler.

Best Regards, Erick

P.S.: Mexico is highly recommended, Cheyney's "The Man who..." is not. His other series, Slim Callaghan and The Dark books are very entertaining, but this one didn't hold up too well.