Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS To catch a thief

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 09 Apr 2002

> *Four for the Money" by Dan Marlowe is also excellent.
>
> Brad

One of Lionel White's novels has been mentioned. I'd add not only his most famous book CLEAN SLATE (aka THE KILLING, an excellent book turned into a great movie by Stanley Kubrick with the aid of Jim Thompson & a great cinematographer, who's name escapes me right now) but would point out that most, if not nearly all, of his books are "caper" stories, i.e. about armed robbers.

Rene