RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS To catch a thief

From: Duane Swierczynski ( duane.swier@verizon.net)
Date: 09 Apr 2002

> whoa! congratulations on your new book, duane. is it your
> first?
>
> miker

Miker--

Thanks--it is indeed my first nonfiction book. I hope it is as fun to read as it was to write. God bless my agent David Hale Smith, also a member of this esteemed list, who's the best literary pimp a boy could ever hope for.

Oddly enough, the book is secondary these days, because my wife gave birth to our first child, a boy, last week. This bit of news may be off-topic, but my son's name isn't: It's Parker, both after the Richard Stark antihero, and Peter Parker, a.k.a. The Amazing Spider-Man. (I still can't believe my wife agreed to it.)

--Duane Swierczynski