Re: RARA-AVIS: Roy Huggines Dies

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 07 Apr 2002

Richard wrote:

"Yesterday when discussing the death of Henry Slesar, I mentioned having read one of his short stories on the day his obit appeared. I can now say that I was reading Roy Huggins on the day his appeared."

Richard, for God's sake, please stop reading living authors before another one dies!

As synchronicity would have it, I am halfway through a Huggins book myself, 77 Sunset Strip. It is cobbled together from three stories, the first of which was Death and the Skylark, the story Richard mentioned. I read Double Take about a year ago. Huggins really does a nice Chandleresque turn. Stuart Bailey is similar too, and almost as good as Huggins' buddy Howard Browne's Paul Pine.

Mark