RE: RARA-AVIS: Henry Slesar 1927-2002

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 05 Apr 2002

And I think, to expand on James's comment, that it's notable that only two US tv soap operas have had any kind of syndicated-repeat career--cult classic DARK SHADOWS and the criminous episodes Slesar wrote and/or rewrote for THE EDGE OF NIGHT.

Such stories as "The Jam" were indeed as noirish as they get, and his humor, in Ruby Martinson stories and others (perhaps someone should've thought of RM for our 100 characters...I certainly should've), was often ultraviolet. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Owen [mailto: scottaowen@hotmail.com]

Henry Slesar may not have been the most hardboiled writer out there, but he penned some of the most noirish stories for AHMM (& the TV show) this side of Roald Dahl. Especially worth reviving are the Ruby Martinson stories.

--Scott