Re: RARA-AVIS: 3/29/02 - UPDATED Nominations List

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 29 Mar 2002

Joe, I have removed the list from this message.

Here is what I found - The name is spelled Dashiell Hammett. His name is misspelled a couple of times. (# 28, # 40)

 # 39, - it's John Lutz's Fred Carver.

# 4 , # 179, # 215, - I don't think Cutter and Bone can be paired. They are definitely two different characters rather than the basically one. I have to admit I never have read Double Indemnity, but think I am familiar enough with it to say I think the same argument holds for Phyllis and Walter, as it does for # 91, The Postman Always Rings Twice. Also # 255, # 256

As Buzz said #91 and # 255 and # 256 The author is not Paul Cain. It's James M Cain. Paul wrote Fast One. (# 141)

# 46 - The first name is spelled Chili

# 58 I mentioned I was thinking of nominating Dashiell Hammett, but decided not to. If nobody else nominated him, he should be removed.

# 67 Does Dix have a full name?

# 71 Does Dolan have a first name?

# 106 - Bosch's real first name is Hieronymus. For obvious reasons he uses Harry. One should be used, and the other should be in paretheses - your choice.

# 219 - It should be Little Caesar

# 195 - Latimer's first name is spelled Jonathan

# 210 - Does Quiller have a first name?

# 225 - It's John Shaft for the character. Shaft is ok for the series.

# 244 - Does Thorn have a first name?

You have done a great job. I know how difficult it was for me to proof read it, and I'm sure I missed some things. Mark