Re: RARA-AVIS: Voting procedures

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 25 Mar 2002

In that case wanna reiterate my vote for 25 ranked votes. Maybe 25 to 1 isn't so cool for the rankings but the top ten votes get four points each and next five three, next two etc. I have no particular axe to grind, I just gather that this is the way these things are usually done. I also think ranking makes people think more about who is their FAVOURITE hardboiled character, and yes it does rely on all being honest (surely Avians are as honest as the night is dark anyway?). I know it makes things more complicated but in a way it will allow more idiosyncratic ones to slip in if they have a few people who really love 'em. For example my number one pick, those who have read my postings will be unsurprised to hear, is the unnamed detective from the department of unexplained deaths in Derek Raymond's Factory Series, I don't think he would make it on numbers but if a few people chose him as first choice then......... Gawd, canofworms innit. All the best and wanna nominate V from V for Vendetta by Alan Moore - there I've done it. So long for now Colin