Re: RARA-AVIS: Nick Carter - author questions & a Quiller question

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Mar 2002

--- James Reasoner < james53@flash.net> wrote:
> As to whether they're any good or not, it's been
> over thirty years since I
> read them. I seem to remember liking THE JUDAS SPY
> a little better than SPY
> CASTLE. All those early Carters are pretty
> entertaining if you don't set
> your expectations too high. They're nowhere near
> the level of the Matt Helm
> books, or even the Sam Durell series.

I recently read my first Killmaster -- BERLIN -- and thought it was great fun, for what it was.

Interested readers may want to check out http://www.teleport-city.com/inkings/pulps/nick_carter01.html. That same site also has reviews of some other pulp series, most notably Eric Olsen's 'Black Samurai' series, which I have never seen, but which sounds interesting.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com