RARA-AVIS: Nominations - Pete Bondurant update

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 22 Mar 2002

Thanks to Jon for his clarifications. Very helpful.

To limit Pete Bondurant to AMERICAN TABLOID wouldn't work because he plays such a major role in THE COLD SIX THOUSAND and is still alive at the end to possibly wreak more havoc in the UNDERWOLD USA Trilogy's final installment. He also makes a bit a appearance in WHITE JAZZ (and maybe someplace else?). How about the following listing:

Pete Bondurant (UNDERWORLD USA TRILOGY, James Ellroy)

Also, Erick, sorry for listing RYAN'S RULES instead of SWAG for Ernest Stickley's appearances. If you think to do so, please change this for future lists. I know it's unlikely, but I'd hate to confuse anyone using the list as a tool for looking up new books.