Re: RARA-AVIS: List of 100 Best hard boiled characters of the las t 100 years

From: Thomas Bauduret ( suspiria@club-internet.fr)
Date: 21 Mar 2002

> There were pulps in Lithuania in the 1950s?
>
> I know they had them in East German in the Fifties, but Lithuania?

Why not ? A Polish friend told me about a very famous character, a detective by a Polish writer. i guess this stuff must have cropped all over the worldŠ In Germany, there were LOTS and LOTS of pulp magazine, including characters like Perry Rhodan, Jerry Cotton, Komissar X, etcŠ Some even had movies adaptations ! Of course, the problem is that we can't know everything that existed. Though most encyclopedias, with typical Western-world ethnocentrism, only includes American and European fictionŠ Though "Encyclopedia" in itself entails a global vision. It would be like writing a book about philosophy and omitting Confucius and the Taoist because they are ChineseŠ

T.

"Le cin魡 de B ࠚ"Š

http://vsolutions.free.fr/anews.php3 Any Other Solutions : Nick Cave, :Wumpscut:, Elysian Fields, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Jack The Ripper, Sparklehorse, Deine Lakaien,Peter Gabriel, The Sisters of Mercy, VNV Nation, Icon of Coil, Das Ich, Radiohead, Assemblage 23, CopenhagenŠ