Re: RARA-AVIS: 100 Hard-Boiled

From: ksm ( outpost@entirety.ca)
Date: 20 Mar 2002

as a fellow canadian i'd like to nominate benny cooperman, from the series of (at least) 7 novels by howard engel (of which i've read 2) reminiscent of chandler/marlowe but set in a smallish niagara peninsula town (in kind of the same relation to marlowe/LA as browne's paul pine/chicago, IIRC): "the suicide murders", "a city called july", etc. still hunting for more of engel's books.

-ksm

----- Original Message ----- From: T.Kent Morgan < tkmorgan@shaw.ca> To: rara avis < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 4:31 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: 100 Hard-Boiled