Re: RARA-AVIS: Chandler, Library of America

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 18 Mar 2002

Graham wrote:

"Specifically, I've never read "Blackmailers Don't Shoot", which is in the first Library Of America volume, but I've never seen reprinted elsewhere."

I read it in William Nolan's The Black Mask Boys. But why didn't the Library of America include The Pencil, his last Marlowe short? (It is included in Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe, that anthology of a bunch of recent PI writers offering their takes on Marlowe, and The Midnight Raymond Chandler.)

Mark