Re: RARA-AVIS: iceberg slim ?

From: dave ( birdlives@earthlink.net)
Date: 17 Mar 2002

Slim is more stylized -- Goines is absolutely raw.

I'd say Slim's the better "writer," Goines the better story teller. Both of them are high on my list. Goines has about as much hard-core debauchery and degradation as you can find anywhere. And that's why, for years, the only place you could buy him was at the local NEWSSTAND! Yay! True "street" literature ...

dave