Re: RARA-AVIS: To Have and Have Not

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 15 Mar 2002

In a message dated 3/15/02 8:24:19 AM, bleekerbooks@hotmail.com writes:

<< It seems to me that Chandler and Hemingway have there greatest effect on those who pick them up in their teenage years, especially young men
(certainly true of me). I wonder if that's because the characters of both writers seem lonely and aloof, but provide an alternate model of masculinity that appeals to bookish youngsters. Any thoughts? >>

I'd say this is also true in my case. When you're young, you tend to fall hard for the romance in life and literature.

John Lau