RARA-AVIS: popular pelecanos

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 11 Mar 2002

hi everybody,

it appears to me that mr. pelecanos is just now going mainstream. back about a year ago when this list turned me on to pelecanos for the first time, i couldn't find any of his books in either barnes and noble or borders bookstore. i had to order them online.

i'm pleased to report that saturday i found 3 pelecanos titles at borders and i bought _right as rain_ at... are you ready for this??..... WAL-MART!!! WAHOO!!! looks like he's hit the big time.

i noticed that every other book listed as a "bestseller" was a new york times bestseller. _right as rain_ was the only one listed as a washington post bestseller. hahaha. personally, i think he is headed for the new york times list.

miker