RARA-AVIS: Crumley

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 11 Mar 2002

From: Thomas Bauduret < suspiria@club-internet.fr>

>Nope, not this one, but I always thought his prose, though interesting >and
>well-written, to be a bit meandering, with plots that drifts in any
>direction available.

I've only read "the last good kiss," and I don't know how representative that is, but I found this to be an exceptionally well-plotted book. I've heard similar criticisms of the plotting and I actually think it's a tribute to Crumley's skill. The book feels "meandering" and somewhat random, which is completely appropriate IMO to the narrator's mentality and lifestyle, so that it's only on looking back that the underlying structure is apparent.

Carrie