Re: RARA-AVIS: Ironweed

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 10 Mar 2002

    My vote for the best upstate NY, (working class, hard life) trilogy goes to Richard Russo, whose Mohawk, The Risk Pool, and Nobody's Fool top all the rest, at least for me. I came to Ironweed expecting it to be marvelous and had to take three runs at it to finish that slim volume. And to compound my sins, I have always liked Hemingway, especially his short hard-boiled fiction, The Short Happy Life of Francis Macumber, the Killers, etc.

                                    Jim Blue