Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Dr. Smith

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 09 Mar 2002

In a message dated 3/9/02 8:58:06 AM, phm@midsouth.rr.com writes:

<< Well I'm feeling mightly lonely out here in seeing flaws in Pelecanos. I

kinda feel like I stepped into the middle of a Pelecanos appreciation

society meeting. I at least waited until he was off list before I mentioned

anything critical of his work. >>

As I've yet to delve into Mr. P's ouvre, I can't add much to this discussion other than to say I believe it's healthy to voice one's opinion, no matter how contrary. Heck, it doesn't even have to be an informed opinion- as those can lead to some mighty entertaining rejoinders. I'm certainly not afraid to say what I think, no matter how idiotic or inflammatory it may be.

John Lau