Re: RARA-AVIS: Don Tracy

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 03 Mar 2002

Don Tracy

Apparently you sent from France, where you could find a quite complete bio and biblio for this writer in Claude Mespl褥's "Les auteurs de la S鲩e Noire" - definitely recommended as reference work for HB/Noir researches.

Tracy's most interesting work, and probably the one that will survive until today, is "How sleeps the Beast" -1937- wherein you find one of the sinister descriptions of lynching ever. For the time, and in the USA, this excellent noir novel (of realistic vein) was an astonishing anti-racist pamphlet.

He wrote also for other genres than HB/noir.

I cannot tell you exactly what is available today in English from his rather long list of novels.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/polarnoir