Re: RARA-AVIS: Lawrence Tierney, RIP

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 28 Feb 2002

Mark Sullivan wrote:

> Tough guy Lawrence Tierney of the great Devil Thumbs a Ride and Kill or
> Be Killed died Tuesday. During his second movie career, he appeared in
> Reservoir Dogs and Red.
>
> Mark

Damn! I had the pleasure of directing Larry in a movie back in '95. The production was plagued with producer related problems (surprise!), but working with wildman Tierney was the definite highlight of the shoot. He was a tough old codger, but he will be missed. They sure don't make them like him anymore. Talk about hard boiled!

TL