RARA-AVIS: Re: Heartbreak & Vine

From: WoodyHaut@aol.com
Date: 27 Feb 2002

Rene Hopefully Heartbreak & Vine will be out in the States sometime in late September or early October. You're right, the title is a kind of unintentional take on the Tom Waits song, Heart Attack & Vine. For me the highlight of the book was interviewing and spending the day with Buzz Bezzerides. The guy is 95 and still going strong- or was the last I heard- and still full of ideas. He's a great writer, having not only penned all those classic films- Kiss Me Deadly, They Drive By Night, Thieves Market, Track of the Cat, On Dangerous Ground, etc.- but three novels, the second of which, There is a Happy Land, has never been reprinted. Woody