RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #107

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 25 Feb 2002

>Ellroy's style and dialogue do require a little work, although so does
>Shakespeare, and he's pretty good. (Noirish? Hardboiled? Hmmmm.)
Ah, but I speak Shakespearean, you see - I even have a Master's degree in the language. Very noir - Othello strangling Desdemona? Lots of serial killers everywhere. Very hb - Titus Andronicus stabbing his daughter for getting herself raped and serving up the 2 guys whodunit to their father in a pie? Boston Teran has nothing on Will S.

Possibly more to the point, thanks for the Ellroy suggestions.

Marianne