Re: RARA-AVIS: noir thoughts

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Feb 2002

--- BaxDeal@aol.com wrote:
> funny, my wife asked me pretty much the same thing
> last night. I said
> something like, "what's so interesting about a story
> that goes 'once upon a
> time, there was a nice guy. good things happened to
> him. and he lived
> happily ever after.' "
>
> she gave me one of those 'no sex for you tonight'
> looks and walked away.

I have that conversation with my wife at least twice a week--it usually starts with a sexy book cover or a favorable review of Vachss or someone by Playboy. I never get the "no sex" look, though. What can I say? I'm irresistable.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/