RARA-AVIS: noir thoughts

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 22 Feb 2002

>brad said:
> I just bought a second hand copy of Hard Feelings over the internet and
> received it the other day. Inside was this helpful little note from the
> seller:
>
> "Probably the worst book ever written. Thanks for getting it out of my
> apartment."
>
> Go figure.

go figure?

well, if its anything like thompson's _killer inside me_ noir, my guess would be characters that he couldn't give a damn about and a depressing ending that's no different than what's in the newspapers daily.

is noir really that profound or impressive or artistic? couldn't one just as easily stick one's head up his ass and wax poetically about the dark?
;-)

miker