RARA-AVIS: Thompson adaptations

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 22 Feb 2002

I thought that "This World, Then the Fireworks" was a good adaptation of the Thompson story (in the first Black Lizard anthology) -- though the ending is changed in an obvious and expected way. The film feels pulpy, b-filmish, over the top. Good fun. Much better, I think, than "The Killer Inside Me" with Stacey Keach.

Doug (and there are now four Dougs with the new Doug, who incidentally represents the first visible MD in a while--no doubt ready to provide expert info on medical mayhem; a few years back, we had another doc who had a spectacular meltdown on the list and left)