Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: The Doppleganger

From: Kerry ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 21 Feb 2002

At 10:33 AM 2/21/02 -0500, you wrote:
>George Upper < gcupper3@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > what's a doppleganger?
>
>Ah, that's the question, isn't it? Here, miker, and
>for anyone else who cares (and I have to believe
>that's a short list) are the first few paragraphs of
>my thesis (unedited as of yet, so I apologize in
>advance for any errors). I hope this answers your
>question; if it doesn't, I have some serious
>re-writing to do.

Wouldn't the doppleganger myth be an attempt by all of us to share in the mystery of identity and individuality experienced by identical twins? As a literary device it affords the opportunity to compare and contrast. Or have I missed the point altogether?

Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com